Terms and Conditions
Check-in / Check-out
Covid-19 & Pandemics
Guests shall not exceed TEN. Additional daytime guests are limited to a maximum of FOUR and must depart prior to 11:00 p.m.
No unaccompanied children in the pool area - a responsible adult (16+) must accompany children in the pool area at all times. No Diving in the pool. No glassware or glass bottles in the pool area. Reusable plastic glasses are available in the garden kitchen.
Ysgubor Degwm is a strictly no-smoking property. Cigarette butts and waste littering the patio or garden will incur a charge.
Up to two dogs may stay at Ysgubor Degwm by priory agreement. Dogs must be house trained and are not allowed on the beds or sofas.
All dog waste must be collected from the garden and disposed of in dog waste bags.
To allow our cleaning team to work efficiently and safely check-out and check-in times must be strictly observed. Changes to check out or check-in times must be confirmed in writing.
We aim to be as flexible as possible to ensure that regardless of the Covid-19 pandemic your holiday plans are as stress-free as possible. For more information on our Covid-19 and pandemic policy click here.
Terms and Conditions
"Ysgubor Degwm". "The House", The Home", "The Barn"
The Homeowner", "Victoria", "I", "The Owner"
We are pleased to make homes available for visitors to share and enjoy all that Ysgubor Degwm offers. However, please remember that the house you are renting is my home. To ensure the quality of our homes and the peace and safety of our nearby livestock and wildlife, all occupants must adhere to the guest code of conduct and our rental terms and conditions. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
Identification and use: The names and ages of all occupants and proposed use of the property are to be provided. All adult groups must be 25 years of age. Stag and Hen parties are not permitted. Exceptions to this rule must be made in writing.
Maximum Occupancy: Guests shall not exceed TEN. Additional daytime guests are limited to a maximum of FOUR. They must depart before 11:00 pm. House parties and gatherings are strictly prohibited and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds.
Rubbish & Recycling: All waste should be placed in the trash or recycle bins provided.
Pool Rules: No unaccompanied children in the pool area - a responsible adult (16+) must accompany children in the pool area at all times. No Diving in the pool. No glassware or glass bottles in the pool area. Reusable plastic glasses are available in the garden kitchen for your use.
Sanitation: We are not on the main sewerage at Ysgubor Degwm and rely on a septic tank. Please only flush toilet paper down the toilets.
No Smoking: Ysgubor Degwm is a no-smoking property
Dogs: Up to two dog guests may stay at Ysgubor Degwm by priory agreement. Dogs must be house trained and are not allowed on the beds or sofas.
Fireworks & Chinese Lanterns: Fireworks and Chinese Lanterns are not allowed at Ysgubor Degwm. Fireworks are distressing and dangerous to livestock, Chinese Lanterns risk wildfires, and their wireframes harm livestock and wildlife.
Rental Terms and Conditions
Please do not proceed with a booking if you are not comfortable with these policies.
1. RESPONSIBLE PARTY: "Guest" is an adult at least 25 years of age and will be occupying the home during the entire reserved period unless other arrangements are approved in writing by Agency. Guest assumes responsibility for the actions of all occupants and visitors to Ysgubor Degwm. No keys or entry codes will be issued to anyone, not an adult at least 25 years of age. Any reservation obtained under false pretence will be subject to forfeiture of all payments and deposits, and the party will be required to vacate the property immediately.
2. CANCELLATION: Should guests wish to cancel their reservation, the notice of cancellation must be in writing, and the Guest is responsible for verifying receipt and confirmation in writing from the Agency.
For notice received thirty (30) or more days before the check-in date, I will refund 100% of payments received, less 5% of the rental amount.
For notice received less than thirty (30) days before check-in, I will refund 100% of payments received, less than 50% of the rental amount.
For notice received fifteen (15) days or fewer before the check-in date, the Guest will be liable for 100% of the contracted amount less cleaning fees and security deposit.
There are no refunds for early departures, delayed arrivals, construction activity, inclement weather, or reduction in the number of nights reserved for any reason. Therefore, trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended. Suppose Ysgubor Degwm becomes unavailable or unsuitable for rent for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to casualty loss, construction, noise, physical deterioration, or loss of utility services. In that case, liability is limited to the return of monies paid on account at the time of cancellation.
3. TERMINATION: I maintain the right to inspect and photograph the condition of the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should Guest or any occupants violate the terms of this Agreement, Guest shall waive all rights to due process for failure to vacate the premises upon termination.
4. RENTS AND PAYMENT TERMS: £600 of the total amount is due for reservations received more than 60 days before the arrival date. The remaining balance is due 60 days before the arrival date. Accepted forms of payment are major credit cards, PayPal, BACS, or personal checks. Guest agrees to provide a security deposit of £400 for damages. Should the Guest fail to make the final payment in full by the due date, Agency may deem the reservation null and void at its sole discretion. Should Guests wish to make payments from more than one card or account, management will charge no additional fees. Guest assumes all liability and will be financially liable for said party's disputed or chargeback amounts. Rates are subject to change, and no refunds if advertised rental prices are reduced or discounted. If a discrepancy arises between information or rates quoted verbally, on the website, email, or otherwise, the rate on the reservation will prevail. If incorrect information or prices are quoted due to a typographical or other error, Agency shall have the right to refuse, cancel or limit any reservations listed incorrectly.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT: If during the dates of occupancy, the Guest causes any damage to real or personal property of Ysgubor Degwm or premises as a result of inadvertent acts, and a Security Deposit does not cover the total cost of damage, we reserve the right to charge guests to cover the additional cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of £3,000.00. Guest must notify the Agency of any damages before check out. The Security Deposit may also be withheld or surrendered should the Guest violate any agreement terms, including glass found in the pool area. The Security Deposit less deductions will be returned within 14 days of the departure date. If damaged real or personal property is deemed intentional or because of negligence will be deducted from the Security Deposit or charged to the Guest. Should I be unable to recover costs of repairs or replacements from the Security Deposit, the Guest is responsible for providing an alternative method of reimbursement within 48 hours of notification.
6. RESERVATION TRANSFERS: Should the Guest need to transfer the reservation to a substitute Guest, the substitute Guest must be approved and agree to all current terms and conditions.
7. CHECK-IN: Check-in time is 5:00 pm. Early check-in is allowed only with prior written approval. Management will provide keys or entry codes once all fees have been collected. If for some reason, Ysgubor Degwm is not ready for check-in, management will notify you.
8. CHECK OUT: Check out time is 10:00 am. There is no holding over. PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL IS REQUIRED from Agency for late check-out. Cleaning and maintenance are pre-scheduled, so adhering to the Check-Out Time is very important.
9. CHECK OUT / CLEANING PROCEDURES: Each Home will be inspected, sanitized, and cleaned before your arrival and after your departure. Guest should leave Ysgubor Degwm in the same general condition at Check-In, meaning:
a) Rubbish and discards removed or placed in the outside waste bins and recycling boxes.
b) Cooking and other messes cleaned up, and dishwasher started.
c) Put back any furniture or items that have been moved (inside and outside the home).
d) All remote controls must be left in plain sight.
e) Turn-off lights and appliances (the dishwasher may be left on)
f) Make sure all doors and windows are closed and locked.
g) Please return keys to the lockbox after locking up.
The cleaning fee is for a standard cleaning only. If the home were left in a state where additional cleaning is required, management would deduct payments from the security deposit. In addition, management will charge a £30 per item fee for each missing key and £50 for each remote control not left on the coffee table at Ysgubor Degwm upon check-out.
10. OCCUPANCY: The Guest understands and agrees that Ysgubor Degwm shall be occupied by no more than TEN individuals (including children and infants) as indicated on the website listing, and day/evening guests are limited to FOUR persons. All evening or day guests must vacate the premises by 11:00 pm. Should Guests wish to entertain or have more than four guests must obtain pre-approval in writing.
11. AMENITIES: Ysgubor Degwm is fully furnished and includes ready-made beds, Linen, one set of bath towels per Guest, robe, leisure towels and an equipped kitchen. Furnishings and amenities are not new and may exhibit signs of wear and tear. Amenities and furnishings are subject to change and may or may not be the same as represented due to replacement, substitution, or other reasons. Agency provides a starter kit of soaps, dish detergent, dishwasher tablets, shampoo and conditioner, body wash and lotion, toilet paper, and other dispensable items. Since a limited supply is provided, Guests should plan to shop to replenish these items if necessary. Agency assumes no responsibility for the quality or contents of any food products left on the premises. Guests use, and consumption of the same is not recommended and shall be at the Guest's own risk(s). Guests should not take towels (except leisure towels) and linens from Ysgubor Degwm.
12. TELEPHONES: Emergency medical, fire and police service can be called by dialling 999. There is a mobile phone reception at Ysgubor Degwm.
13. GUEST'S NOTIFICATION RESPONSIBILITIES: Upon arrival, the Guest shall examine Ysgubor Degwm, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures and appearance of the property and shall report any deficiencies upon discovery. Guest also agrees to immediately notify Victoria of any occurrences that may cause damage to the property or adjacent Homes and take any necessary measures to mitigate damage. Otherwise Guest may be responsible for damages for failure to do so. Guest acknowledges that unless management is notified of any damage or cleaning concerns on the day of check-in, the Guest will be liable. All damages, breakage, lost or missing items during the occupancy will be the Guest's responsibility and reported before departure.
14. RUBBISH & RECYCLING: The Guest shall place all food scraps in the waste and not sinks. Guests must dispose of all waste generated during the rental period in a lawful manner in the receptacles provided. Guest is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods because it attracts pests.
15. SEPTIC TANK: Ysgubor Degwm is not on main sewage and relies on a Septic Tank. Please do not flush sanitary ware, wet wipes or nappies down the toilets.
16. WOOD BURNING STOVE: Please see the guest manual for instructions. Dry and seasoned logs only. No coal. Loose fuel may fall from the stove if care is not taken when opening the stove door. Under 16s are not permitted to use the stoves.
17. SUBLEASING: The Guest shall not sublet the property.
18. SMOKING: No smoking is allowed on the premises. If smoking does occur inside Ysgubor Degwm, the Guest may be evicted and is financially responsible for all damage caused by the smoking, including, but not limited to, stains, burns and the cost of odour remediation and removal and replacement of damaged property.
19. PETS: A maximum of two dogs are permitted to stay at Ysgibor Degwm if agreed before occupancy. Dogs are not allowed on the beds or sofas. Any dogs staying at the Barn must be house trained, and management will take any damage caused by pets from the security deposit. Guest must remove any dog waste from the garden in dog waste bags and place the outside rubbish bins. Dogs are not allowed in the pool.
20. TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY: Guest expressly acknowledges and agrees that this agreement is for temporary occupancy of Ysgubor Degwm and that Guest does not intend to make Ysgubor Degwm a residence or household.
21. OWNERS PROPERTY: The Guest agrees not to access the owner's storage area, even if unlocked, which contains the owner's personal property and may contain cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
22. FIRE EXTINGUISHER: Ysgubor Degwm has a minimum of one (1) fire extinguisher and fire blanket. The Guest must locate a fire extinguisher, notify all other occupants of the location, and inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher be missing or be less or become less than fully charged.
23. SMOKE DETECTORS/ CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR: Ysgubor Degwm has smoke detectors and a carbon monoxide detector installed and working at the time of rental.
24. SECURITY: Guest shall see to their own and the Home security by locking doors, windows, garage doors, cars, bicycles, sports equipment and surfboards when it's prudent to do so and always when the home is unoccupied.
25. NEW LOCKS OR ALTERATIONS: Guest shall not make or permit any alterations to the Premises or change or add any lock without the prior consent of management.
26. WINDOWS: Please ensure windows are securely closed if children are unaccompanied upstairs.
27. LOST ITEMS: Agency shall bear no responsibility for lost, stolen or abandoned items. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Guest for a return.
28. TV & INTERNET: Services are provided for convenience only and are not integral to this agreement. Management will not refund rents for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, knowledge of use, or personal preferences concerning service. Internet access at Ysgubor Degwm is via a BT direct to a property fibre connection.
29. HEATING: Central heating is programmed to keep Ysgubor Degwm at a comfortable 18 degrees C. Instruction on using the central heating is included in the guest manual. If any radiator thermostats are changed during the stay, please return to their original position at check out
30. POOL: The swimming pool is heated to between 28 and 30 degrees c; however, the ambient temperature can affect the pool heat. Guest agrees not to tamper with pool heat controls or manipulate the heater in any way. Guest understands that the area surrounding the pool is not secure, even if the door is pulled closed. Guest also understands and agrees to be responsible and liable and will pay for any damages to the pool and related systems because of tampering, broken glass, misuse, or negligence. Glassware and glass bottle is strictly prohibited in the pool area. Reusable plastic glasses are available in the garden kitchen. All children must be accompanied by an adult (16+) in the pool area. There is no diving in the pool: the pool is between 3'6" and 4' deep, and diving in these depths risks severe injury or death.
31. CHARGING ELECTRIC VEHICLES: Utilizing electrical outlets to charge vehicles is prohibited without pre-approval in writing. Guest will assume any liability and be subject to additional fees in this event.
32. SYSTEM(S) / FURNISHING / AMENITY FAILURES: In the event, the rental home sustains a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, septic tank, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, heat pump, ventilating, pool, or other system or structural systems, furnishings or amenities, Victoria will make every reasonable effort to repair or replace the failed system or equipment, and in such event, Guest agrees to permit management or maintenance persons to have fair access to the home to inspect and make such repairs. The homeowner shall not be liable to Guest for damages, and no refunds will be given for such failures.
33. MAINTAINANCE: Management and maintenance withhold full rights to visit the property to undertake emergency maintenance inside the house or in the garden between 9 am and 8 pm. In cases of emergency maintenance, guests will be contacted and kept abreast of work being carried out and scheduled. Management will make no refunds or discounts to the retail agreement if emergency maintenance is carried out during their stay.
34. OTHER OCCURRENCES: Agency does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by but is not limited to the following: weather conditions, natural disasters, pests, construction disturbances, pandemics, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays, ruined expectations, or departures due to work and family emergencies, illness, unavailability of any or all parts of the home, or other reasons. It is highly recommended that the Guest purchases travel insurance.
35. WAIVER OF LIABILITY: Swimming pool, tennis court, pond, patio, decks, railings, balcony's, bunk beds, pizza oven, stoves and fires, kitchen utensils, and appliances herein referred to as Special Features. If so equipped, the Guest's responsibility is to practice and explain safety precautions to other occupants. Guest understands that there are particular risks involved for anyone, particularly children who are not carefully supervised, the person(s) intoxicated, on any drugs or medication, with health risks, or if pregnant. Guest agrees to explain the dangers of the presence and use of Special Features to all occupants at Ysgubor Degwm. Guest agrees to instruct all guests on-premises not to access any off-limit or unsafe property sections, including roof-tops. Guest agrees to assume all responsibility to make all occupants aware of risks and the consequences of those risks and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents. Guest agrees to waive any claim against the homeowner or management for accidents or claims.
36. HOLD HARMLESS: The Guest and all occupants shall, as a result of booking Ysgubor Degwm indemnify and hold harmless the homeowner against all claims of personal injury, property damage, or loss arising from the use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guests also expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss that the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover guests' personal property. Therefore, guests should purchase their insurance if such coverage is desired.
37. DRIVEWAY AND ACCESS: Access to the neighbouring field is made via the driveway. Guests must not obstruct access on the lane or between the garage and boundary wall to allow access 24 hours a day.
37. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By booking, all guests fully releases and discharges the owner from all claims, demands, and causes of action because of any injury or whatever nature which may have occurred as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold management and owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising from that place. In any action concerning the parties' rights, duties, or liabilities to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors, or assignees, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
38. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the abovementioned policies must be approved in writing by Victoria in advance.
39. CONSENT: By booking, you agree to all Terms and Conditions
Covid-19 and Pandemics
We aim to be as flexible as possible to ensure that regardless of the Covid-19 pandemic, your holiday plans are as stress-free as possible. If your booking gets cancelled due to local or national restrictions, then you will be offered one of the following options:
1. We can re-book your entire stay to a future available date, outside of the declared restriction period, within 24 months of the end of your original booking (subject to any additional cost paid by you).
2. If you are unsure of your future holiday plans, we can provide you with a voucher. The voucher will be for the value of the monies paid to date for your holiday. Vouchers are payment towards a holiday outside of the declared restriction period and within 24 months of the end of your original booking (subject to the property owner’s agreement).
Booking via Third-Party Companies
If you have made your booking via a third-party company such as vrbo.com or holidaylettings.co.uk, they will be in direct contact with you independently of us.
Where your holiday dates straddle the anticipated beginning or end dates of restrictions (if already on holiday, restrictions do not allow you to remain until the booked end date), we will offer vouchers/refunds based on the price for the shorter permitted stay. Whenever possible, we look forward to welcoming you to enjoy a much-anticipated break.
To put your mind at ease, we have provided additional guidance for you for your upcoming stay, and our team are on hand if you have any other questions.
National guidelines for self-catering holidays let owners concerning cleaning protocols which set out the extra measures to be taken. The guidelines have been carefully considered and developed at the industry level to protect the health and safety of guests and housekeepers and support teams involved in preparing the property.
Management will send arrival Guide information and critical instructions at least two days before travel.
Cleaning products and hand soap is are provided. We recommend bringing hand sanitiser, and antibacterial hand wash to allow you to take the necessary handwashing and cleaning precautions during your stay.
You must comply with the relevant Government rules on sharing holiday accommodation. Guests can find information on the rules and restrictions currently in place here.
What to do if developing COVID-19 symptoms before the start of the holiday, whilst on holiday or subsequently.
If you develop or a member of your party develops symptoms before your stay, you must follow the latest NHS and government guidance.
If you develop or a member of your party develops symptoms during your stay, and a test confirms infection, please let us know and leave the property immediately so that we can take the necessary steps to deep clean the property. If you develop or a member of your party develops acute breathing difficulties during your stay, please call 999.
Similarly, if you develop or a member of your party develops symptoms within 14 days of your stay, and a test confirms infection, please let us know immediately to take the necessary measures.
In particular, please read and familiarise yourself with the following: