Terms and Conditions
On this page, you can find out all the finer details about the rules and policies for bookings at Ysgubor Degwm including cancellation information, breakages deposits, occupancy and your rights when booking.
Please also see our Covid-19 policy.
Scroll down for our full terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
"Ysgubor Degwm". "The House", The Home", "The Barn"
The Homeowner", "Victoria", "I", "The Owner"
We are pleased to make homes available for visitors to share and enjoy all that Ysgubor Degwm has to offer. Please bear in mind that the house you are renting is my home. To ensure the quality of our homes and the peace and safety of our nearby livestock and wildlife, all occupants must adhere to the guest code of conduct and our rental terms and conditions. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
Identification and use: The names and ages of all occupants and proposed use of the property must be provided. All adult groups must be 25 years of age or older.
Maximum Occupancy: Guests shall not exceed the number of adults and children published on the property listing. Additional daytime guests are limited to a maximum of 4 and must depart prior to 11:00 p.m. House parties and/or gatherings are strictly prohibited and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds.
Rubbish & Recycling: All waste should be placed in the trash or recycle bins provided.
Pool Rules: No unaccompanied children in the pool area - a responsible adult (16+) must accompany children in the pool area at all times. No Diving in the pool. No glassware or glass bottles in the pool area. Reusable plastic glasses are available in the garden kitchen for your use.
Sanitation: We are not on main sewerage at Ysgubor Degwm and rely on a septic tank. Please only flush toilet paper down the toilets.
No Smoking: Ysgubor Degwm is a no-smoking property
Dogs: Up to two dog guests may stay at Ysgubor Degwm by priory agreement. Dogs must be house trained and are not allowed on the beds or sofas.
Fireworks & Chinese Lanterns: Fireworks and Chinese Lanterns are not allowed at Ysgubor Degwm. Fireworks are distressing and dangerous to livestock, and Chinese Lanterns are risk of wildfires, and their wireframes are harmful to livestock and wildlife.
Rental Terms and Conditions
Please do not proceed with a booking if you are not comfortable with these policies.
1. RESPONSIBLE PARTY: “Guest” is an adult at least 25 years of age and will be occupying the home during the entire reserved period unless other arrangements are approved in writing by Agency. Guest assumes responsibility for the actions of all occupants and visitors to Ysgubor Degwm. No keys or entry code will be issued to anyone who is not an adult at least 25 years of age. Any reservation found to be obtained under false pretence will be subject to forfeiture of all payments and deposits and the party will be required to vacate the property immediately.
2. CANCELLATION: Should Guest wish to cancel their reservation, the notice of cancellation must be in writing and Guest is responsible to verify receipt and confirmation in writing from Agency.
For notice received thirty (30) or more days prior to the check-in date, I will refund 100% of payments received, less 5% of the rental amount.
For notice received less than thirty (30) days prior to check-in date, I will refund 100% of payments received, less 50% of the rental amount.
For notice received fifteen (15) days or fewer prior to check-in date, Guest will be liable for 100% of the contracted amount less cleaning fees and security deposit.
There are no refunds for early departures, delayed arrivals, construction activity, inclement weather, or reduction in the number of nights reserved for any reason. Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended. If Ysgubor Degwm becomes unavailable or unsuitable for rent for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, casualty loss, construction, noise, physical deterioration, or loss of utility services, liability will be limited to the return of all monies paid on account at the time of cancellation.
3. TERMINATION: I maintain the right to inspect and photograph the condition of the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should Guest or any occupants violate the terms of this Agreement, Guest shall waive all rights to due process for failure to vacate the premises upon termination.
4. RENTS AND PAYMENT TERMS: £600 of the total amount is due for reservations received more than 60 days prior to the arrival date. The remaining balance is due 60 days prior to the arrival date. Accepted forms of payment are major credit cards, PayPal, BACS, or personal checks. Guest agrees to provide a security deposit of £400 for damages. Should Guest fail to make the final payment in full by the due date, Agency may in its sole discretion deem the reservation null and void. Should Guest wish to make payments from more than one card or account, no additional fees will be charged. Guest assumes all liability and will be financially liable for any disputed or chargeback amounts by said party. Rates are subject to change, and no refunds are given in the event advertised rental prices are reduced. If a discrepancy arises between information or rates quoted verbally, on the website, email or otherwise, the rate on the reservation will prevail. In the event incorrect information or prices are quoted due to a typographical or other error, Agency shall have the right to refuse, cancel or limit any reservations listed incorrectly.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT: If during the dates of occupancy, Guest causes any damage to real or personal property of Ysgubor Degwm or premises as a result of inadvertent acts, and the total cost of damage is not covered by a Security Deposit, we reserve the right to charge guests to cover the additional cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of £3,000.00. Guest must notify Agency of any damages prior to check out. The Security Deposit may also be withheld or surrendered should Guest violate any terms of the agreement, including glass found in the pool area. The Security Deposit less any deductions will be returned within 14 days of the departure date. If damaged real or personal property is deemed to be intentional or because of negligence will be deducted from the Security Deposit or charged to Guest. Should I be unable to recover costs of repairs or replacements from the Security Deposit, Guest is responsible to provide an alternative method of reimbursement within 48 hours of notification.
6. RESERVATION TRANSFERS: Should Guest need to transfer the reservation to a substitute Guest, substitute Guest must be approved and agree to all current terms and conditions.
7. CHECK-IN: Check-in time is 5:00 p.m. Early check-in is allowed only with prior written approval. Keys or entry code will be provided once all fees have been collected. If for some reason, Ysgubor Degwm is not ready for check-in you will be notified.
8. CHECK OUT: Check out time is 10:00 a.m. There is no holding over. PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL IS REQUIRED from Agency for late check-out. Cleaning and maintenance are pre-scheduled, so adhering to the Check-Out Time is very important.
9. CHECK OUT / CLEANING PROCEDURES: Each Home will be inspected, sanitized, and cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure. Guest should leave Ysgubor Degwm in the same general condition at Check-In meaning:
a) Rubbish and discards removed or placed in the outside waste bins and recycling boxes.
b) Cooking and other messes cleaned up and dishwasher started.
c) Put back any furniture or items that have been moved (inside and outside the home).
d) All remote controls must be left in plain sight.
e) Turn-off lights and appliances (the dishwasher may be left on)
f) Make sure all doors and windows are closed and locked.
g) Please return keys to the lockbox after locking up.
The cleaning fee is for a standard cleaning only. If the home was left in a state that additional cleaning is required, fees will be deducted from teh security deposit. A £30 per item fee will be charged for each missing key and £50 for each remote control that is not left at Ysgubor Degwm upon check-out.
10. OCCUPANCY: Guest understands and agrees that Ysgubor Degwm shall be occupied by no more than twelve individuals (including children and infants) as indicated on the website listing, and day/evening guests are limited to 4 persons. All-day/evening guests must vacate the premises by 11:00 p.m. Should Guest wish to entertain or have more than 4 guests; Guest must obtain pre-approval by Agency in writing.
11. AMENITIES: Ysgubor Degwm is fully furnished, and includes ready-made beds, Linen, one set of bath towels per guest, robe, leisure towels and an equipped kitchen. Furnishings and amenities are not new and may exhibit signs of wear and tear. Amenities and furnishings are subject to change and may or may not be the exact same as represented due to replacement, substitution, or other reasons. Agency provides a starter kit of soaps, dish detergent, dishwasher tablets, shampoo and conditioner, body wash and lotion, toilet paper, and other dispensable items. Since a limited supply is provided, Guest should plan to shop to replenish these items if necessary. Agency assumes no responsibility for the quality or contents of any food products left on the premises and Guests use and/or consumption of the same is not recommended and shall be at Guest`s own risk(s). Towels (except leisure towels) and linens are not to be taken from Ysgubor Degwm.
12. TELEPHONES: Emergency medical, fire and police service can be called by dialing 999. There is mobile phone service at Ysgubor Degwm.
13. GUEST`S NOTIFICATION RESPONSIBILITIES: Upon arrival, Guest shall examine Ysgubor Degwm, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures and appearance of the property, and shall report any deficiencies upon discovery. Guest also agrees to immediately notify Victoria of any occurrences that may cause damage to the property or adjacent Homes and to take any necessary measures to mitigate damage. Otherwise Guest may be responsible for damages for failure to do so. Guest acknowledges that unless Victoria is notified on the day of check-in of any damage or cleaning concerns, Guest will be liable. All damages, breakage, lost or missing items during the occupancy will be Guest`s responsibility and must be reported prior to departure.
14. RUBBISH & RECYCLING: Guest shall place all food scraps in the waste and not sinks. All waste generated during the rental period must be disposed of in a lawful manner in the receptacles provided. Guest is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts pests.
15. SEPTIC TANK: Ysgubor Degwm is not on main sewage and relies on a Septic Tank. Please do not flush sanitary ware, wet wipes or nappies down the toilets.
16. WOOD BURNING STOVE: Please see the guest manual for instructions. Dry and seasoned logs only. No coal. Loose fuel may fall from the stove if care is not taken when opening the stove door. Under 16s are not permitted to use the stoves.
17. SUBLEASING: Guest shall not sublet the property.
18. SMOKING: No smoking is allowed on the premises. If smoking does occur inside Ysgubor Degwm, Guest may be evicted and is financially responsible for all damage caused by the smoking including, but not limited to, stains, burns and the cost of odour remediation and removal and replacement of damaged property.
19. PETS: A maximum of two dogs are permitted to stay at Ysgibor Degwm if agreed prior to occupancy. Dog is not allowed on the beds or sofas. Any dogs staying at the BArn must be house trained, and any damage caused by pets will be deducted from the security deposit. Guest must remove any dog waste from the garden and place the outside rubbish bins. Dogs are not allowed in the pool.
20. TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY: Guest expressly acknowledges and agrees that this agreement is for temporary occupancy of Ysgubor Degwm and that Guest does not intend to make Ysgubor Degwm a residence or household.
21. OWNERS PROPERTY: Guest agrees not to access the owner`s storage area, even if unlocked, which contains the owner’s personal property and may contain cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
22. FIRE EXTINGUISHER: Ysgubor Degwm is equipped with a minimum of one (1) fire extinguisher and fire blanket. It is the duty of the Guest to locate fire extinguisher, notify all other occupants of the location, and inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher be missing, or be less or become less than fully charged.
23. SMOKE DETECTORS/ CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR: Ysgubor Degwm has smoke detectors and a carbon monoxide detector installed and working at the time of rental.
24. SECURITY: Guest shall see to their own and to the Home security by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it`s prudent to do so and always when the home is unoccupied.
25. NEW LOCKS OR ALTERATIONS: Guest shall not make or permit to be made any alterations to the Premises or change or add any lock without the prior consent of Agency.
26. WINDOWS: Please ensure windows are securely closed if children are unaccompanied upstairs.
27. LOST ITEMS: Agency shall bear no responsibility for lost, stolen or abandoned items. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Guest for return.
28. TV & INTERNET: Services are provided as a convenience only and are not integral to this agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences in regard to service. Internet access at Ysgubor Degwm is via a satellite connection and data is not unlimited. Excessive use of data (streaming HD Video or multiple movies or hours of TV a day) will incure an additional fee.
29. HEATING: Central heating is programmed to keep Ysgubor Degwm at a comfortable 18 degrees C. Instruction on using the central heating is included in the guest manual. If any radiator thermostats are changed during the stay, please return to their original position at check out
30. POOL: The swimming pool is heated to between 27and 28 degrees c; however, the ambient temperature can affect the pool heat. Guest agrees not to tamper with pool heat controls or manipulate heater in any way. Guest understands that the area surrounding the pool is not secure even if the door is pulled closed. Guest also understands and agrees to be responsible and liable and will pay for any damages that occur to the pool and related systems because of tampering, broken glass, misuse, and/or negligence. Glassware and glass bottle is strictly prohibited in the pool area. Reusable plastic glasses are available in the garden kitchen. All children must be accompanied by an adult (16+) in the pool area. No diving in the pool: the pool is between 3'6" and 4' deep and diving in these depths risks serious injury or death.
31. CHARGING ELECTRIC VEHICLES: Utilizing electrical outlets to charge vehicles is prohibited without preapproval in writing. Guest will assume any and all liability and be subject to additional fees in this event.
32. SYSTEM(S) / FURNISHING / AMENITY FAILURES: In the event, the rental Home sustains a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, septic tank, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, heat pump, ventilating, pool, or other system or structural systems, furnishings or amenities, Victoria will make every reasonable effort to repair or replace the failed system or equipment, and in such event, Guest agrees to permit Victoria or maintenance persons to have reasonable access to the Home to inspect and make such repairs. The homeowner shall not be liable to Guest for damages, and no refunds will be given for such failures.
33. OTHER OCCURRENCES: Agency does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by but not limited to the following: weather conditions, natural disasters, pests, construction disturbances, pandemics, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays, ruined expectations, or departures due to work and family emergencies, illness, unavailability of any or all parts of the Home, or any other reasons. It is highly recommended that Guest purchases travel insurance.
34. WAIVER OF LIABILITY: Swimming pool, tennis court, pond, patio, decks, railings, balcony's, bunk beds, etc. herein referred to as Special Features. If so equipped, it is the Guest`s responsibility to practice and explain safety precautions to other occupants. Guest understands that there are special risks involved for anyone, particularly children who are not carefully supervised, person(s) intoxicated, on any kind of drugs or medication, with health risks, or if pregnant. Guest agrees to explain the risks of the presence and use of Special Features to all occupants at the Home. Guest agrees to instruct all guests on-premises to not access any off-limit, or unsafe sections of the property including roof-tops. Swimming pools and spa may not be fenced. Even if so, special care should be taken. Guest agrees to assume all responsibility to make all occupants aware of risks and for the consequences of those risks and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents that may occur. Guest agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against the homeowner or Agency for accidents or claims.
35. HOLD HARMLESS: The Guest and all occupants shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the homeowner against any and all claims of personal injury, property damage, or loss arising from the use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guests also expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Guests, and that Guests should purchase their own insurance if such coverage is desired.
36. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges the owner from any and all claims, demands, and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which may have occurred to the undersigned, or any of his/her occupants or guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Agency and Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties, or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors, or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
37. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the above-mentioned policies must be approved in writing by Victoria in advance.
38. ELECTRONIC CONSENT: By checking the box and clicking on the "I AGREE" button, Guest is consenting to the use of an electronic signature in lieu of an original signature on paper. Guest has the right to request to sign a paper copy instead. By checking the I AGREE button, Guest waives that right. After consent, Guest may, upon written request to Agency, obtain a paper copy of the electronic record. No fee will be charged for such copy and no special hardware or software is required to view it. Guests agreement to use an electronic signature for any documents will continue until such time as Guest notifies Agency in writing that you Guest longer wishes to use an electronic signature. There is no penalty for Guest withdrawing this consent. Guest should always ensure that Agency has a current email address on file to contact Guest regarding any changes, if necessary.